Friday, May 30, 2014

Program for PIC 16F877A Microchip

v  Now, what we need to do is create a some coding on the  PIC by using MPLAB software. Actually there have many software’s can be used to create the program but we prefer this software because it’s straight to the point what we want to control the component, easy to manage the burning for Microchip PIC16F877A.



INFO: - This is the sample of  the software (MPLAB IDE v8.66)
Figure 2: Programing by used MPLAB software


v  I am using PIC16F877A microcontroller for my project and we did some exploring on the programming, what language to use, what IDE and also which is best suited for this PIC.
v  So I have decide to use assembly language instead of C language. The main reason is that the projet we been doing requires alot of programming lines and I’m just afraid that the flash memory of the microcontroller is small and cannot accomodate all the programming lines. For assembly language, it only require small flash memory when compared to C language. So we have decided to use assembly to program my project to save my flash memory space.
v  After doing research on a few software, namely MPLab, CCS compiler, Proteus, PICKit2, 8051 Dats and excreta. I realise that MPLab, CCS compiler is to write and compile C language. MPLab can be use to write and compile assembly language as well. Then we can use PICKit2 to burn the compiled program into the PIC microcontroller. I can’t use Daats because it can only write and compile Atmel microcontroller only.

    So, there we have it, we decided to use  MPLab together with PICKit2 for my project as it is the most suitable software for PIC microcontroller; to write, compile and burn my program.
Figure 3: Board installation after burning process

Figure 4: Testing procedure



No comments:

Post a Comment